Bookielink is committed to ensuring that our customers gamble responsibly by maintaining control of their gambling so that it remains enjoyable. We believe it is our responsibility to our customers to ensure that you enjoy your online gambling experience with us while remaining fully aware of the social and financial harms associated with problem gambling.
- Gambling should be done in moderation and not as a means to escape problems
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend. We provide detailed account statements and P&L history in the ‘Banking / Wallets’ section
- Use the deposit and loss limits controls to help you control the amount you can spend. If you require information relating to this facility please contact our Customer Services department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need a break from gambling, self-exclusion can completely block your access to the services and betting accounts we provide. If you require information relating to this facility please contact our Customer Services department by email at email@example.com.
- Balance your gambling with other leisure activities
- Try to understand the odds/probabilities of winning and losing, and the rules of the games you are playing
Where difficulties arise it is important that you find this out as early as possible so that you can put preventative measures in place and get further help if needed. Below are common signs that indicate you may be experiencing issues with your gambling:
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
Should you need to take a break from gambling, we provide a self-exclusion facility which can be set by our customer service agents at your request. Self-exclusion means that your account will remain closed for a minimum period of 6 months, and will not be reactivated under any circumstances during the exclusion period.
We recommend that you seek additional support and advice from a professional problem gambling support agency during the self-exclusion period.
Although the minimum period of time that self-exclusion can be set is six months, there is no maximum period of time and self-exclusion can be permanent.
Please be aware that after the minimum 6 month exclusion period has passed, your account will not be automatically reopened. If you would like us to consider reactivating your account you’ll need to contact our customer services team via phone or live chat. If the decision is that your account will be reactivated, you will be unable to access your account straight away. There is a 7 day time-out period enforced on the account. After this period passes, full access to your account will be re-enabled. If you change your mind about re-opening your account during this period please let us know.
Most gambling/gaming operators offer self-exclusion and if you have accounts with other operators, you should request self-exclusion with each operator where you hold an account. You should also consider installing software that blocks access to internet gambling websites.
Betting, Deposit And Loss Limits
Bookielink provides the facilities for our customers to limit the amount they can bet (i.e. total stakes), deposit and/or lose through their betting over specific time periods. If you require information relating to this facility please contact our Customer Services department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limits can be revised downward at any time but any increase will only be taken place 7 days after the request is made.
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more questions that you answer ‘yes’ to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gambling. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact one of the organizations listed below.
Prevent Those That Are Underage Accessing Gambling Sites
Bookielink advises and encourages our customers to prevent minors from accessing gambling websites. ICRA (the Internet Content Rating Association) is part of the Family Online Safety Institute and provides general information and advice on internet safety. Please visit www.fosi.org for further information.
Furthermore, we would recommend that you install filter software. This software will allow you to restrict internet access for children and young people. You can find more information on this topic at www.saferinternet.org. Filter software such as www.netnanny.com can offer further protection.
Bookielink does not permit anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or utilize any of the services we provide. We take our responsibility in this matter extremely seriously.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 FOUND TO BE USING THIS SITE WILL HAVE ANY WINNINGS FORFEITED AND MAY ALSO BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE.
Contact And Assistance
There are a number of institutions that offer professional assistance:
Helpline No.：+44 (0) 845 6000 133
Please contact our Customer Service team if you have any further questions relating to our Responsible Gambling Practices.